Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
I can't remember the name of this .....help me
Cindigal posted:
Does anybody remember the old health clubs that had those machines that had belts that "jiggled" parts of the body (every time i think of it, I start to laugh). For the life of me I don't know why they discontinued them. I am sure they worked because I worked downtown and a lot of people bragged that they got firmed up with the machines What's the story with them...are they any oldies but goodies (like me...) remember them....??

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
In fact, there is evidence that vibration like this can have negative effects on organs and/or bones. Research on vibration and exercise shows that vibration must be at very low intensity, so low it is almost imperceptible. There really is no quick or simple fix, although I agree with you they look pretty funny.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Find a coach
Can you find a friend to encourage you? Or better yet a personal trainer that can help you identify a routine that fits your schedule and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.