Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Resistance Bands
Cindigal posted:
I purchased some resistance bands the other week and I can't not believe the difference it made for the short time I used them already. I have a routine that targets every muscle. Starting with the arms.. do 15 reps with each muscle, stop...start. for 3 sets. After I get through with the arms. I rest for a while, then do the legs. the inner and outer thighs get a real good work-out. And then, I switch the band to other muscles and work another muscle. I could not see that definition in my muscles with just weights alone. The best investment I ever bought was resistance bands. Does anyone use bands and do they see muscle definition more than weights.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
What type did you get? Did they come with a workout to use or did you find one or create your own?

Cindigal replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I bought the box that has 2 resistance tubes blue and green. They have black padded handles and the short tube is for the pectorals, biceps, deltoids. The longer tube is for the hip adductor, quads, hamstring, glutes. It included a website that shows all the exercises with the bands. Since I started with the bands, my muscle have more toned than I have had before.

mill1971 replied to Cindigal's response:
what is the website?

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to mill1971's response:
Check out this website

http://www.body-mind-strength.com/resistance_tube_exercises/resistance_tube_exercises.html

Cindigal replied to mill1971's response:
Oops, I neglected the website.....it's http://www.IFIT.com. It has excellent exercises for all parts of the body. It shows other equipment other than bands too.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Ab ExercisesExpert
As mentioned in the Losing Belly Fat post, you cannot spot reduce, but you can tighten muscles under excess fat. As a result you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
44 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.