Skip to content
Wow......I love water exercises
cindigal posted:
If it's one thing for summer.....albeit, the heat ...I can stay in the water most of the day exercise my body. I have been creative with my exercises, laps with one kind of stroke, then switch to another. The sidestroke I really like because I feel the thighs exercised with the movement and the waist bends movement. When I do the backstroke i feel the arm muscles working. All in all, it's a fun way to exercise....and the best way. Also, its effortless, no comparing to that. At the end of the day you don't even know that you had a work-out but you did. I encourage anyone to get to a pool, anywhere. There are YMCA's, YWCA's around in every city. There are high schools that allow general people to use their pool (at least when i was in school they did). It sure beats going to a gym. The benefits I get are many: my tan is getting darker, (i use SPF 30 or more), my blonde hair is getting even lighter with the sun, and I sleep like a baby every night.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congrats on the water and swimming fun. Because we live in an area that generally is cold-most kids don't learn to swim until high school-and even then-not so well. This means there are few pool options that aren't "kiddie pools" with water slides and sprinklers all over.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Ab ExercisesExpert
As mentioned in the Losing Belly Fat post, you cannot spot reduce, but you can tighten muscles under excess fat. As a result you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 57 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.