Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Welcome Andie!
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
As those of you who also haunt the Diet Community know, I will be letting go of my WebMD communities on 9/24.

On this community, you are lucky to have Andie joining you. She has taken over the diet community already. For the next two weeks, she will shadow me here.

Please welcome her and Andie, if you will, introduce yourself.

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Everyone!

I'm so happy to be joining your community and feel very lucky to be the Mod chosen for this group.

Louise, you are #1 in my book and hope you know that. You've been a great inspiration to me and many others. I hope that you find happiness and fulfillment in whatever and wherever life may lead you. You will be missed here, though.

For those of you that I haven't already met (and even if I have), I will share a little bit about me. ;)

I grew up dreading any type of fitness. During school PE class you would find me either sitting on the bench or bringing up the rear in jogging walking the track. Fitness was just not my thing.

Now, as a single mom in her 40's (and raising four teens) the sad affects of no exercise was started setting in: Achy back, cracking knees, breathlessness, and constantly tired . Ugh.

I wanted to exercise, but I was self-conscious of what others would think or say about me. I know...silly, right?

Not that silly, apparently. When I started a fitness group in my neighborhood JUST for overweight women I had an overwhelming response with over 100 "Chubby Chicks" signing up in less than 30 days! All these women had the same fitness fears that I did.

It's been one year and we've had a great time getting to know each other on walks, zumba classes, water aerobics, and even some sand volleyball. Did you ever used to think of fitness as boring? I've found there are many fun ways to staying fit.

I'm looking forward to learning more from each of you and sharing some of my experiences along the way, too.

What's your best fitness tip? What fitness fear did you overcome to start exercising regularly?

~Andie

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Welcome Andie!

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to Rich Weil, MEd, CDE's response:
Thank you, Dr. Weil! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and our Fitness community much better.

I'm really excited about coming on board and picking up all your great tips! :)

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
41 of 55 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.