Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
knee pain...again help?
ecjp24 posted:
Hi,
I've tried the symptom checker but nothing seems to help, i thought other athletes or excercise fanatics (just kidding) could help. I exercise quite frequenty, am on multiple varsity teams, and am 16. Recently i noticed knee pain when i crossed my legs, which i do alot. since then it has become stiffness, pain when moving, and extreme pain when moving my lower leg from side to side from the knee. there is SLIGHT swelling...but does anyone have any suggestions?? I've had foot and ankle issues before...

justmejust responded:
Well, hopefully you cut back on crossing your legs since it hurts when you do that. Try to sit with your feet flat on the floor.

Also, rest, ice and elevation for 5 to 10 min. every day up to 3x a day can reduce some of that swelling and encourage healing. Be sure to elevate your foot, knee, leg above your heart with the help of 2 or 3 pillows under your lower leg.

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Hi ecjp,

Check out the Sports Medicine Community at http://exchanges.webmd.com/sports-medicine-exchange

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Change your workout
A lack of motivation may mean that your workout is too tedious. For example, if your doing lots of mind-numbing slow cardio, you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 19 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.