Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
I bought a Pilates dvd
cindigal posted:
I haven't posted here for a while and the last time I came here it was under construction. Usually I go to the exercise room that the apartment complex has but, like in the posts I mentioned before, it's small...it does have a few ellipticals and treadmills and assorted weight machines, but I find that from going there numerous times that my upper thighs were getting muscular and my knees starting to hurt. So the other day I was at the store at the sports section and was browsing the dvds and saw a Pilates dvd. It included a resistance band with it and it had 5 work-out segments for each part of the body. It started with the arms, and the legs, abs, all over section, flexibility, etc.. I already feel it already it in my muscles and its a good feeling. Has anyone here ever did pilates with resistance band. If you never did, it worth it.

cindgal

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Exercise bands or tubing is resistance exercise that can be very effective. As long as the muscles are contracting against an external resistance they will respond. Plus, with the bands you can do a large variety of exercises. Enjoy it.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 51 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.