Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Running vs. Interval Training
Jim473 posted:
As a lifelong runner (now 70) I've never had a problem with weight management. I've tried all kinds of running, long and short, fast and slow, and walking. These days the more I jog easily along the less I enjoy it, and I end up tried and dragged out. The past year I've being doing intervals, including sprints, and in 12 minutes of exertion time (as opposed to rest/walk time) I've got a complete workout that leaves me fatigued, yes, and invigorated. Once or twice a week supplemented by low-effort walking and bicycling on off days does it for me. I've never felt better. Each of us is an experiment of 1. Forget "the best way", discover what works for you. Hint: it will be what you like.

An_198586 responded:
Best way is not always the right way. If we pursue on doing exercises to stay fit, we must consider our happiness and enjoyment, because the more we love what we do, the more positive results we get. Exercise activities which are best to others may not be effective on you, this calls for a total adjustment and experimentation to finally discover what type of exercise best suits you.

Being healthy and fit needs thorough self motivation and mind setting especially on performing exercises. The best way is to stay happy, interested and willing in order for you to get the best and lasting results. http://bewell.vrcities.net/

parkaratkinson responded:
Yes exercise should do which help you not just running in the crowd. It is not always good.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 51 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.