Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Vibration in pelvic/hip area
An_198590 posted:
I started working out about a month ago. Mostly push ups and free weights but I recently started doing some sit up and leg lifts. About a week after i started the leg lifts and sit ups I am not getting this weird muscle spasm/vibrating feeling in my pelvic area at the top of my leg. Almost the hip area.

If i stamp my foot down really hard a lot of the time i get a vibrating feeling in that spot. I get the feeling mostly from movement or from something like stepping down really hard. It does seem to randomly happen on its own as well, but mostly seems to be related to some type of pressure or movement.

Any idea what it could be?

thanks.

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
I don't know what this is. But check out the Sports Medicine Community at http://exchanges.webmd.com/sports-medicine-exchange

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

8 habits of successful dieters
8 habits of successful dieters More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.