Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Can hgh aid in healing broken bones?
slapshot68 posted:
I broke my 5th metacarpal in my dominant hand a couple of days ago, and I want to have a very speedy recovery. I wouldn't call myself a bodybuilder, but I workout 5 times per week and take many supplements along with training. My main question is: will HGH or testosterone boosters help me prevent muscle atrophy and help my hand heal faster? If not, what will?

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Check out the Sports Medicine Community at http://exchanges.webmd.com/sports-medicine-exchange

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Check out the Sports Medicine Community at http://exchanges.webmd.com/sports-medicine-exchange

AJBetancur responded:
hey i just broke my 5ht metacarpal as well and is driving me crazy since a follow a similar routine like your. Not a bodybuilder but i do go to the gym at least 5 times a week and do some kick boxing.
so please help me out here,
thank you.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to AJBetancur's response:
Sorry to hear about your broken toe, AJ!

According to this helpful WebMD Overview , "Broken toes usually take about 6 weeks to heal. If problems last longer than 6 weeks, another x-ray film may be needed, or the injury should be rechecked by the doctor to see how the bone is healing."

Please check out the Broken Toe Overview for much information towards self-care, medical treatment and when to see a doctor.

Best of luck!
Amelia

Tomato05 replied to AJBetancur's response:
I have a fracture too. Just take enough calcium and vit D, eat healthy in general (nutrition is really important for bone healing), sleep enough and keep the fractured part non-weight bearing. I think that's about all you can do to help your body heal the injured part....

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Music For Running
My research shows if you workout to the music you like, you will workout to the maximum time you have (will not cut the workout short). The ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.