Skip to content
Had the Same Symptons
Anon_227545 posted:
I have the SAME symptoms to a T!!! I went to the doctor, did the ultra sounds etc. Ruled out the blot clots. I was told by my doctor that the issue is Shin Splints and to get orthotics, but i'm not convinced because when I do other physical activity (baseball, volleyball, running) i'm fine. Am very puzzled. But the swelling usually occurs in the summer and happens after sitting for a while or running errands. Still looking into things. I'm now wearing orthopedic sandles, but the swelling still comes and goes. Will keep everyone posted. As anyone's doctor told them it was shin splints?

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon & welcome!

I'm covering for your regular Moderator, Amelia, while she is away.

I think you were trying to reply to a post with yours. If you don't mind would you please try to post again as a Reply to that discussion? That way everyone that has been reading it can benefit from your input and they may also have some suggestions to offer you.

You can do that by going to the Discussion and clicking on the Reply button right under the person's post you'd like to reply to.

Thanks so much and hope to hear lots more from you!

~Andie

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.