Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Cardio Before or after
themotivator1 posted:
I have been exercising since 1994 as part of a New Years Resolution. I have learned many things along the way. The debate whether cardio should be done before or after weight lifting will go on. I was doing cardio before weight lifting for many years. I changed this year when I signed up at another gym. I do some ab exercises and my leg exercises then use the treadmill. This makes sense seeing that I need my leg muscles to run. And it has made running easier. Afterwards I do more ab exercises and upper body workouts. I am impressed with the results

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on your commitment to an active and healthy life - very inspiring

Haylen

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
This is a good insight. The debate on this will always go on because the discussion is one of not only objective results but quailitative as well; that is, how does it feel, and that will be different for each person. Experimenting and listening to your body is important here, and you found something thatw orks for you. Good job.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

8 habits of successful dieters
8 habits of successful dieters More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.