Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fatigue (work-out)
JmTP3 posted:
Hi,

I work out extremely hard, I do high intensity interval training (track sprints, plyo, and hill sprints), and lift weights. I am also very active in my yard, (weed whacking, push mowing, pulling weeds, mulching). I have a job where I am physically active throughout the day.

About 45 days ago I started doing P90X (I can keep up with Tony Horton), plus my usually lifting weights, and cardio. I knew I was overtraining, but I like the endorphin kick, and I thought I could handle it being that I use to be a college athlete, and that I have worked out hard for years. However, with the P90X I defiantly up my work out load even more.

About 2 weeks ago I started feeling fatigued (45 days into P90X+ my usual work outs), but I thought nothing of it, I just kept pushing through it, then after my "off day" (a hard mile, ten 100 meter sprints, and some tennis) my muscle felt shaky, or jittery, I thought maybe I have not ate enough. But Since then I have had total muscle fatigue, which leads to anxiety. I have had blood work done, and it came out fine. I have even taken 10 days off working out. I feel somewhat better, but not neat what I should feel.

I guess my question is, can you totally fatigue your muscle, and if so how long does it take to recover, or till I will start feeling like myself again? PLEASE HELP!

Take the Poll

Fatigue (work-out)
  • Fatigue (work-out)
  • Fatigue (work-out)
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.