Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
frozen shoulder
Anon_159138 posted:
After seven months of pain in my left shoulder and tx by gp, neuro, and finally an osteo surg, I've been dx'd w/frozen shoulder. Tx = cortisone shot and physical therapy. Per the dr, if there isn't enough improvement in the shoulder 2 to 4 wks, it may need to be adjusted in the or under anesthesia. Here's the kicker. I can't get an appt with the phy ther until almost 2 wks from now. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do with / to / about my hurting shoulder myself until I finally see the phy ther? I really, really don't want to undergo surgical manipulation of my shoulder. Ouch.

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
If the surgeon thinks there are adhesions and scarring that may need to be broken up under anesthesia, then there isn't much you're going to be able to do on your own; you'll need PT. Maybe you can search around for another PT center that will see you sooner. Good luck.

60Christine replied to Rich Weil, MEd, CDE's response:
Thank you for the information, sir. I'm moving it around and stretching it as far as I can, until it gets to that edge where it hurts like blazes. That's all I can do. Again, thank you.

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to 60Christine's response:
You're welcome. Make sure you ice it for 10-15 minutes after you do the stretching. One easy way to ice if you don't have ice bags is to use a bag of frozen peas or corn. It shapes nicely to the joint. Good luck. Rich

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Marathon Training
Find a training schedule that works for you and stick to it. Don't run more than it tells you even if you can. Just because you can doesn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.