Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weekend Fitness Plans
Rich Weil, MEd, CDE posted:
Hi Everyone.

How will you spend this weekend? What fitness activities will you do? How much time will you spend outside (think about how many hours you will spend outdoors - not walking to the car, but outdoors doing something - taking a walk, gardening, riding a bike, even just sitting in a park). So... how many hours is it?

Have a good weekend. Rich

Tomato05 responded:
On a standard weekend I try to fit in one gym session : about 80 minutes, which consists either of 35 min. walking uphill, and 45 min. weight training, or 70 min. jogging.

I also do house-cleaning, which if done vigourously, can classify as exercise! That can take up to 4 hours - but it's not outdoors, of course. Neither is the gym, come to think of it.

Then I normally stroll to the markets and coffee shops in my area, so say about 1 hour of casual walking.

However, I had 2 dental implants fitted yesterday, and the dentist recommended onlyh low-impact exercise until Monday, so I may give the usual gym session a miss this weekend. Instead, I will go for a long walk somewhere scenic, say 2 hours.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato, you're amazing! That's a great workout routine.

I hope your mouth is pain free.

Tonight, my 7 year old has swim team practice for an hour and a half. I swim with my 4 year old during that time. It's not continuous, vigorous exercise but it's great after a day spent hunched over this keyboard!

I'm taking it easy on my knee so I'm going to take a gentle stretch yoga class on Saturday morning, a walk around the neighborhood with the kids after dinner is our evening routine.

Sunday we'll be at Zuma beach! Just getting all the stuff from the car, across the sand has my heart pounding! I'll see how the knee is doing, maybe a long walk.

On Monday, my family got a VIP invite to see the TV show Cupcake Wars being filmed. I'm going to guess that I'll get lots of arm lifting in as I taste

Family yoga Monday evening - again, we'll see how my knee does!

Haylen

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Love handles
You cannot spot exercise. I went on mostly carb-free diet for several months. I did eat fruits and veggies, but eliminated breads, cereals ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.