Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Includes Expert Content
How to loose weight with disabilities?
An_246963 posted:
I am nearly 70. I have had a right hip replacement, fusion of L5 & S1 in my back, and fractured ankle and torn ligaments in left ankle with plate and screws. My doctors have told me there is risk of popping hip prosthesis out of place and if I fracture my ankle again I will require walker for rest of my life. I don't know what exercises to do that are safe with these conditions. I have been walking with the use of a cane 30 minutes a day. I am 5ft2inches and weigh 180 pounds, I really need to do something besides just watch my diet. Need some help.
Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
The natural thing would be to swim. No stress on the joints, and a great aerobic and muscle strengthening/toning exercise. You'd never really have to worry about getting injured. You could also do upper body resistance exercises, but you'd need to be careful with your back. You might want to see a physical therapist for an evaluation so that the therapist could prescribe safe exercises and teach you how to do them. They could even help with your lower extremities so that you could build some strength. If you see a PT you know you're doing safe exercises. No matter what the condition, there are always safe exercises. Swimming, upper body resistance exercise, and a visit to a physical therapist all should help. But of course, no matter what exercise you choose to do, you should check with your doctor first. Good luck.
MandyCake responded:
I have to thank you both for posting this. I am disabled and am about the same height and weight which is horrid. I was trying to think of something I would be able to do. So I thank you!!!
dsopko replied to MandyCake's response:
Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to MandyCake's response:
You're welcome. Feel free to post back anytime with your exercise and fitness questions.

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
75 of 91 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.