Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Includes Expert Content
Sinus Problems after exercising indoors
SinusNightmare posted:
I started a rigorous workout routine 13 days ago. Seven days ago directly after my workout, my nose began burning terribly and running as well as sneezing excessively. The sneezing became less constant after a few hours but my nose continued to burn the remainder of the week along with dripping. My nose has not been congested however, I have to breathe through my mouth or else my nose will burn and cause me to sneeze. This morning, I thought I was better...until I worked out again. Now I am right back to how bad I was last Saturday. I don't understand! I worked out just as hard for 5 days without any problems and always indoors. PLEASE HELP!
Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
I don't know what this is. You should give your doctor a call. You could try the WebMD symptom checker too
skanman responded:

I experience the same symptoms. Not always but occasionally, at least three times in the last five months. Have you found out what is the problem?
CSpot09 responded:
I too experienced this annoying sneezing, runny nose (just 1 nostral), after running OUTDOORS. Never before have I had these symptoms before 2 weeks ago.

After research, it's not allergies (as I do not have other asmatic pissues)...therefore no OTC meds will help.

Other posts have listed almost these exact symptoms...intense exercise, sneezing right after run/exercise (many times), urge to continue to sneeze hours after, stuffy/runny nose....1 nostral running and burning. These nasal issues continue for hours or days.

Plugging nose/nostral helps by resticting airflow (less irratation), neti-pots, saline spray...and TIME..

Others with this issue??? HELP US...

Oh...this problem is def weather related, as it has gotten colder and dryier many people have said these annoying asmatic seeming issues arise...
CSpot09 replied to Rich Weil, MEd, CDE's response:
doc's cannot help this issue...why spent $$$$ on doc's when 90% of medical issues doc's can not cure, and the other 10% just help with masking the issue(s)

Our whole society is DOCTOR CRAZY...and PILL crazy.

Once the $$$$ is about PREVENTION then our society will get healthier.
Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to Rich Weil, MEd, CDE's response:
Hi Sinus,

Were you able to find out what's causing the problem?
Oomii responded:
I have a solid inside exercise routine as well. Rarely am I outdoors to workout.

I have the same symptoms, except that my right ear fills up (like swimmers ear) also.

Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I am miserable for several days (like today - attack was yesterday morning after a some solid cardio.) The burning in my nose (and sometimes eyes) is my clue that things are going downhill fast!

Have you gotten any insight on the cause yet?
What do you do to manage symptoms?
faleshia replied to Oomii's response:

Great information on live strong.

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
75 of 91 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.