Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
body shape problem
An_248252 posted:
have body shape problem. i have heavy upper body i mean shoulder and breasts are too heavy while light at hips. i tried to loose weight but when ever i do so i become thin from hips but not from upper body. please suggest me some diet or exercise so i could slim down my breasts and shoulders. please help me as i am loosing my confidence becoz of this problem

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Unfortunately, you cannot spot reduce or target a specific area of your body for fat reduction (e.g., you can't do abdominal exercises and expect to burn fat on your abdomen). It would be nice if you could get on the Elliptical machine and say, "Okay, today, burn fat from my thighs," or, "Okay situps, get rid of my love handles," but that's not how it works. Aerobic exercise willhelp burn calories and fat, and resistance exercises at 15 reps will tone the muscle and shape your physique without adding bulk.Check out www.exrx.net for pictures and videos for dozens of exercises organized by muscle group. And keep up lower body exercises to maintain some muscle and keep symmetry between upper and lower body. And you can select one of the Diet Clubs based on how much weight you want to lose.

http://exchanges.webmd.com/dieting-club-10-25-lbs-exchange
http://exchanges.webmd.com/dieting-club-25-50-lbs-exchange
http://exchanges.webmd.com/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange

Feel free to post back if you have more questions. Good luck. Rich

misspg2 replied to Rich Weil, MEd, CDE's response:
Thanks Alot Mr. RIch Weil. I will follow what you have suggested me and i hope it will work. i am feeling really encouraged from your reply.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to misspg2's response:
misspg2 -

I'm glad you're feeling encouraged - that's always a great place to start. Please continue to check in here with additional questions or for support if you're having trouble getting motivated!

Haylen

misspg2 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to misspg2's response:
You're welcome. Please let me know what happens. Rich

misspg2 replied to Rich Weil, MEd, CDE's response:
yeh ofcourse i will let u know. i have started some exercises this week after long gap. so it will start giving result in few weeks then i will let u know of results.

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to misspg2's response:
Great. Thanks

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

8 habits of successful dieters
8 habits of successful dieters More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.