Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Have you ever tried the beachbody programs?
coachheathleigh posted:
Curious has anyone had any success doing p90x, insanity, turbofire, brazil butt lift or any of the other programs they have?

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
P90x and Insanity. They are intense. Not for beginners.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I have not tried them (have a bum shoulder that I'm rehabbing and sticking to walking).

However, I have two friends who p90x-ed. FYI - All information I got from their Facebook posts.

Friend one bought the tapes, tried it out for a few days then quit and resold them on Craigslist.

Friend two did the program for a month and loved it. But now she is training for a marathon. I don't think she still does them.

Personally, it's hard for me to pay for some sort of program - I'm a cheapskate!

H

brunosbud responded:
What's goal of "exercise"? What are its benefits?

Do you need to be frantic when you perform it? Do you need to have someone screaming in your face? Do you have to wear spandex to the grocery store?

If you don't enjoy your workouts and/or you can't recover in time to perform said workout the following day, how long do you think you will continue? How long before you decide to skip a workout because you're too "busy" or not feeling "well"?

Have you ever heard the term "disposable" income?

People who buy this stuff have lots of "it".

kecward78 responded:
I bought p90x, but it was too hard for me. I'm in my 50's and at the time, weighed over 370 lbs.
So I bought two yoga tapes at Walmart (Peggy Cappy) and used them for about a month.
Then I bought Tai Cheng (thru Beachbody) and it has been amazing. I had/have sciatica in my right leg that has almost disappeared. Lower back pain and now a rotator cuff injury are much better.
I have now added Power90 and Shakeology to the mix. Power90 is the precursor to p90x.
Along with dietary changes, I was down to 318 this morning. That's in about 3 1/2 months.
Depending upon your fitness level, start out with something easier and build from there. They also recommend (as do I) their Shakeology. It is more than a simple protein shake and is an excellent and tasty meal replacement.
But it all depends upon your current fitness level, age/health and other factors... so be sensible.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Change your workout
A lack of motivation may mean that your workout is too tedious. For example, if your doing lots of mind-numbing slow cardio, you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.