Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
fitness tracker
kjm811 posted:
Hi - I just started with the community and I'm a little confused about logging exercise. In addition to exercise, Iogged sitting and sleeping, but I have a feeling that my total score for the day is too high... guidelines?

Thanks

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Hi kjm,

What was the score you got and how much exercise did you enter? Also your age, sex, and weight. Remember that 24-hour energy expenditure includes everything you do, not just exercise. So any activity that you do during the day, whether it's walking, climbing stairs, cleaning, carrying packages... it all adds up. Rich

kjm811 replied to Rich Weil, MEd, CDE's response:
Thanks for your reply.

What I was wondering is whether or not I should be logging calories spent sleeping at night and sitting and standing during the day...

Thanks

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to kjm811's response:
You're welcome. Post back at some point. I'd like to know if logging is helping you. Take care. Rich

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Ab ExercisesExpert
As mentioned in the Losing Belly Fat post, you cannot spot reduce, but you can tighten muscles under excess fat. As a result you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
44 of 58 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.