Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Spotting after Running
Nevergivup posted:
Here is my issue I need some feed back please if you can help.

I workout 6 days a week; alternating between running and weight training.. On my running days I always end up spotting for the remainder of the day or sometimes just for half of the day after my run. I workout hard but I only seem to have that problem on my running days.

Please help me understand.

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Hi Nevergivup,

Check in on the Women's Health Community. It's a great resource and Jane Harrison-Hohner will have an answer for you. http://exchanges.webmd.com/gynecology-exchange

Take care,
Rich

samnotlinda responded:
I had the same problem and occasionally I would also get very bad cramps that lasted about 20 minutes. Finally fibroids were diagnosed and uterus removed and the problem resolved

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Change your workout
A lack of motivation may mean that your workout is too tedious. For example, if your doing lots of mind-numbing slow cardio, you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.