Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
this is a very helpful tool
Product1979 posted:
I've been using this planner since sept, 1st and I've lost 46lbs in 2 11/2 months. I like the ability to pre-plan my meals or log them in aas I go through the day.

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
I assume you mean the Food and Fitness Planner. Congratulations on your weight loss. 46 pounds in 10 weeks is a lot of weight, and a lot per week. If you're not doing any resistance exercise I'd like to suggest that you consider it since with rapid weight loss like that you've lost muscle, and muscle is a big part of your metabolic rate. So when you lose weight and muscle your metabolism slows down. Doing resistance during weight loss will preserve the muscle. Post back if you have questions about resistance exercise. And if you do, include your height, weight, age, gender, and a little bit about your history with exercise and how you would do it (have you done resistance exercise before, when did you stop, do you have equipment at home, do you belong to a gym). Congratulations again. Take care. Rich

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Find a coach
Can you find a friend to encourage you? Or better yet a personal trainer that can help you identify a routine that fits your schedule and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.