Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Twisted ankle
ChrisH1984 posted:
Hey everyone,

Long story short, I twisted my ankle and dislocated a joint near my toe that may or may not require surgery to repair (awaiting MRI results). My problem is this. I was curious if the brain suffers trauma during situations like this. Ever since this happened to me (last week, November 14th), I feel kind of slow mentally. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm in a vegetative state or anything, I just find myself hesitating when asked questions, thinking about how to solve certain problems when it comes to getting around (I'm on crutches now). Any thoughts on this?

Maybe I'm just stressing because I may be facing surgery? Maybe I'm worried about losing my job because I just started it like a month ago? I know for a fact I didn't hit my head on the way down. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Hi Chris,

I don't know if your symptoms are related to injury, stress, or something else. You ought to speak with your doctor about it to play it safe. You don't want internet advice on something like what you're describing. Go ahead and contact your doctor.

Take care,
Rich

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Find a coach
Can you find a friend to encourage you? Or better yet a personal trainer that can help you identify a routine that fits your schedule and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.