Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Weight Resistance really whips you into shape
straightshooter77 posted:
Recently started a diet and a new life style after I reached 200 lbs.
I started going to the gym off and on then every day. Got some results but the best came when I got a weight workout with a new weight vest by nyknyc , its made for a womans body so it looks great . I wear it out walking and I saw changes in body after only a week - so its almost a yr later I am down to
160 pounds and my body looks better than it ever has in my life. try it it works - by the way I am 58 yrs old- and have a slew of new men in my life and have a new life self esteem and I am loving my life plus I feel so strong I feel amazing with tons of energy.

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Hi Straightshooter.

Weight vests are helpful because as you lose weight you burn fewer calories when you walk or do other exercise, so in essence, with the vest you're replacing the lost weight and burning the same amount as before, only you weigh less. Good for you. Sounds like everything is in place.

Laricsports replied to Rich Weil, MEd, CDE's response:
skipping rope is best exercise but there many ropes on internet and quit difficult to make right choice, here is link to know types of skipping ropes . http://laric-sports.com/en/

Laricsports replied to Laricsports's response:
If You are looking for high quality skipping ropes please visit www.laric-sports.com

Laric-sports offers only trusted and reliable quality skipping ropes.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Full Range
Something to remember is to not use too much weight that doesn't allow the full range of motion. If you can't completely extend your arm ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.