Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Weight loss goals for the holiday season
JillForest posted:
I'm setting a goal this year to lose weight over the holiday months and to continue on a weight loss journey to get to my goal weight. Typically, I would like to lose 20 lbs, and research shows that 2 lbs a week is healthy so that is what I'm setting my goal for. I used to be a gym member but never felt that I was able to put in my best workout. My husband got me started on the Insanity workouts which so far I'm feeling and seeing awesome results from. For Christmas I'm asking him for the Insanity Asylum Volume 2 -- which is a bit more intense but I think it'll be a great challenge for the both of us. Wish me luck webmd'rs Does anyone want to share their goals for the start of of a new year??

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Hi Jill,

Great post! Please keep us updated. Feel free to check in as frequently as necessary, and certainly at least once a week. Enjoy your holidays! Rich

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Ab ExercisesExpert
As mentioned in the Losing Belly Fat post, you cannot spot reduce, but you can tighten muscles under excess fat. As a result you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 54 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.