Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Looking for a new strength training workout
Sukh37 posted:
Hello,

I have been using the "Brock Lesner workout" that can be found online for the past two months and looking for a change. Does anyone know where I can go to find new workouts without having to pay a fee. Does the Blue Shield webpage have a link? Looking for something intense on free weights.

Thanks!

rjssci responded:
I've really enjoyed the workout in the back of a book called "Body Rx" Its kind of old and basic, but has really helped me improve my health. And if you can follow the diet, which can be difficult and expensive, you'll really see results in about 3-4 months. It starts slow, but really builds to an intense workout in the sculpting and burning fat cycles.

Good Luck.

superglamglam responded:
try a weight walking vest by NYKNYC
this is the best workout cause it combines the two most important exercises in the world namely ... walking and weight bearign exercise . Not only do you firm up tone up but you will also build strong bones which may come in handy one day as so many women these days have osteoporosis. see nyknyc .com no gym nec just slip it on and walk.

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
What about P90X http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do

It is very intense

Sukh37 replied to rjssci's response:
Thanks rjssci!

Sukh37 replied to superglamglam's response:
Thanks superglamglam, I have a weight vest that I purchased years ago and just forgot about in my closet. Maybe its time to bring it back out and incorporate it into my workouts.

thanks!

Sukh37 replied to Rich Weil, MEd, CDE's response:
Hello Rich,

thanks for the reply. I actually train in boxing and MMA so I have alot of cardio in these area. I was looking for somthing more geared towards free weights and increasing body mass and size.

thanks!

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to Sukh37's response:
Have you considered having a look at some of the muscle magazines? They always have workouts from the pros. There are dozens and dozens of ways to train. You'll get lots of ideas from those guys. You can also check www.exrx.net for exercises for every muscle group.

Good luck with your training! Rich

rjssci replied to Sukh37's response:
You're welcome. I'd like to know if you try it and, if you do, how it goes.

Sukh37 replied to rjssci's response:
Will let you know my progess, I start next week!

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 57 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.