Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Includes Expert Content
Exercises for flexibility ; concern over injury limitations
mmm1812 posted:
About 2 years ago, I had a kitchen accident that resulted in permanent nerve damage of my dominent right hand after extensive surgery, followed by physical therapy. Shortly after I was diagnosed with further problems of the same hand/arm/shoulder/neck (cervical radiculopathy) as a result of a disk bulge, arthritis, and rotator cuff injury. After more therapy, I began doing strength/cardio/balance training twice a week with my therapist, who is also a certified trainer, for overall health and because I felt he would help me be cautious with my injury limitations. I am 60 years old, and am in better shape and feel better then I have been in decades. I am now looking for activities to improve my overall flexibility. I have been looking at Yoga, but the flows are a bit too fast for me (I get dizzy), and the slower stretching exercises are difficult to do with my weak arm. Have you any suggestions of what I could look into?
Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
You might look again at a very basic yoga class, or maybe even splurge and have a few private lessons. Yoga will certainly do the trick. You could also go to for yoga and general stretching videos. They have hundreds of DVD's and you would certainly find something that would help. I suppose you could also go back to your trainer and have him help you out.

Good luck with it. Rich
orvillejeanne2 responded:
I am seventy and we were in a car accident 2 years age and have a lot of same problems with bulging disks and now, arthritis has set in with a vengeance. I am so stiff and yell sometimes when I move in the mornings until I get going. I suggest water therapy. I haven't been doing it very long but the pool is 90 degrees and it sure feels good. Good Luck
Rich Weil, MEd, CDE replied to orvillejeanne2's response:
Good for you.
mmm1812 replied to orvillejeanne2's response:
Water therapy sounds like a great idea! I can certainly relate to the morning "yell". I find that if I stretch in bed before I get up, then do a few squats/lunges/other exercises for just a few minutes when I get up, it helps me get over that morning stiffness. I also have discovered that a small piece of ginger helps (or Aleve if it's a very bad morning).
Much thanks.

Helpful Tips

Water aerobics
Water aerobics does not put the stress on your knees, ankles and/or back. More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 24 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.