Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Advice Needed
An_250199 posted:
Recently over the past few years lost a significant amount of weight. I'm toning slowly but I have a lot of loose skin around the stomach & thigh areas. Anyone have any ideas on the best work outs to tone these areas (...please do not suggest surgery...it is not an option).

BabyParks responded:
I love my beachbody stuff. Les mills body pump or Chalene extreme are two of my favs and not too hard for me to do, I can't do p90x either!! You can start out light and work your way up. Les mills comes with the weights too! I am a coach so let me know if theres anything you need or any more questions. I am eating clean and that has really helped me to tone and slim more than anything I've ever done just by working out and my energy and the way I feel now are amazing http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/CCURBOW

Rich Weil, MEd, CDE responded:
Congratulations on your weight loss. How much your skin will tighten depends on your age, length of time the skin was stretched and how much it was stretched, how much weight you lost, amount of collagen and elastin in your skin, and genetics (you have no control over that). Lotions to tighten skin do not work. Aerobic and resistance exercise can help as it will tighten the skin to some degree, plus it will tighten and tone muscles under the skin, which can pull on the skin and help to tighten it. The thing is, you never know what the results will be until you give it a try. And like spot reducing for fat reduction, there's not a good way to target skin in specific areas. But no matter what, exercise is going to help you in many ways, even if you don't get all the skin results you want. And congratulations again on your weight loss. Good luck. Rich

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Losing Weight Ladies
Hi there! Just a quick tip for all the ladies trying to lose weight out there. Cardio is great, but if you do only cardio (running, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.