Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
dieting help
poppy01 posted:
i've been dieting for almost a week and i find that if i skip meals early in the day im really hungry later. What is a good healthy breakfast and is it ok to replace meals earlier in the day with smoothies. Im 230 pounds right now and my goal weight is 160-180. Any tips for food or exercise? Ive also been walking a mile in the morning and trying for a mile at night., I do 30 crunches and some other light exercises at home. Does anyone know of any exercises that wont desturb my downstairs neighbors i tried zumba and they was beating on their ceiling i assume all the jumping made them mad. Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

Take the Poll

any suggestions would help never dieted before
  • any suggestions any will help
  • please help
vote
View Poll Results

chris14824 responded:
I'm no expert but you should breakfast like a king, lunch like an eearl and dine like a pauper. In mother words, don't skip bbreakfast, have a good lunch and a light dinner. Eat early in the evening so that you will sleep better. Watch your portion control. I use the serving size information on the packages as a guide. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Try to walk more. Buy a pedometer and wear it all the time. Try to get 10,000 paces per day. You will be surprised how much walking around at work and in the house you do and it all counts. Check out some of the other pages on this website for help with meals and recipes. WeightWatchers is a good place to go to help you lose weight. They provide help with recipes and food ideas and lots of encouragement. I am a lifetime member having started three years ago. I achieved my target weight and have kept it off. Good Luck!

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Change your workout
A lack of motivation may mean that your workout is too tedious. For example, if your doing lots of mind-numbing slow cardio, you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.