Skip to content
Loss of motivation
MKeville posted:
I get on a kick to work out and eat somewhat healthy and then after a while I lose all motivation to continue (it's after a few days - not even weeks). I just started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred for the 5th time - which I LOVE because of the fact that it doesn't take hours.
How do I stay motivated? I need to lose about 15-20lbs and it's really hard when it's easier to veg on the couch than work out.

MizzFITnyc responded:
Exercise isn't easy, it's hard to stay motivated! Check out MizzFIT for tips about health and diet, exercise video tutorials, and a place to feel inspired to shape up! MizzFIT shows you how to Style Up 2 Shape Up with the hottest fitness fashion trends and workouts.[br>

Take a look here: http://www.MizzFIT.com

lennylen16 responded:
Unfortunately, this happens to me all the time. I don't have a problem with working out, it's the eating that ruins everything. Recently I found that whenever I get a sudden junk food craving, working out helps. Instead of heading towards the kitchen, I head towards the treadmill or the park. When I finish, I eat a serving of fruit to make sure that the hunger won't come back. The hardest part is making the decision to exercise, but once you start it's easy to get back on track. Good luck!

SmithWood responded:
Commence with small ambitions. When I buy off track I strive to complete at least 10 mins regarding some activity.. It's better than nothing plus it becomes us back in the routine. I see this excellent guide in spite of this productive men and women do points even if they don't really feel like it. We never usually notice the enthusiasm nevertheless we should make a move anyway even when it's little.

TimWVRT responded:
I also have trouble with staying motivated to exercise and eat healthier. But the one thing that has helped me a lot is that a friend of mine was trying to encourage me and told me not to be so quick to consider myself a failure. If you are doing good for a few days and then you slack off a day, that doesn't mean that you have ruined the good you have done, and it certainly doesn't mean that you can't jump back in to it. Who, other than Jillian herself, says that Jillian's 30 Day Shred has to be done in 30 days? If you can get through it in a year even it is better than not doing anything at all. Don't beat yourself up so much. My doctor made a very good point to me about getting in shape, he said that it has taken me 34 years to get as out of shape as I am, and it is unrealistic to think that I can get in shape overnight. Just keep at it and make ONE better choice every day.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Shin Splint
In my experiance If you are recieving shin splint, it is caused from running hill toe, rather that flat footed. I went from not runnning to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.