Skip to content
Am I exercising too much?
jennyli posted:
I am 5'1", female around 110lb and 31 years old.
I practice Bikram yoga almost everyday (sometimes twice a day). I also run no less than 3 miles, but no more than 6miles, 4 times a week (and yes, sometimes I will run on the same days I do Bikram). I teach vinyasa yoga (power yoga) 7 times a week (I have a couple days where I teach 2 times in one day) and basic weight training on the days I run so around 4 times a week.
I exercise because I love the way it makes me feel. I will go above and beyond sometimes to make sure I get it in, and it isn't just about asthetics, but also about how good it makes me feel when I am in the moment.
I do suffer a hip type probably lately, but am pretty much free of injury.
I lose and gain weight easily.
Is this considered too much exercise? Or am I okay?

Anon_22455 responded:
The amount of exercise you do is dependant on your level of fitness and it can vary from one person to another. As long as you eat in a manner that's supportive and you built up to this amount of exercise over time you should be fine.

You say you lose and gain weight easily; maybe you should switch your focus on body composition rather than the number on the scale. This number doesn't account for muscle mass; which is important to have when you do a lot of exercise.

mitamina replied to Anon_22455's response:
need help with that i do not know if i am eating enough for the exercises i do. i do strength training weight and one day i do upper body and the next day i do lower every day i do the stationary bike and zumba on tuesday and thursday is thaat too much exercise i am on a 1300 cal food intake is that enough i recently started this regime but not sure if is right i dont understand if the calories i exercise do i add them to my calorie food intake pls answer here or email me pls i need help

SmithWood responded:
How much exercise one does is founded on your height of conditioning and it can differ from one individual to another. As long as you eat in a way that is certainly supporting and you developed to the volume of workout after a while you should be great. A person say an individual get rid of along with put on weight easily; perhaps you should switch your own focus on physique make up rather than number around the size. This number will not are the cause of muscles; that is important to possess if you perform a large amount of workout.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Ab ExercisesExpert
As mentioned in the Losing Belly Fat post, you cannot spot reduce, but you can tighten muscles under excess fat. As a result you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.