Skip to content
Awwww! Those love handles.....!
An_251006 posted:
Hey guys!!I have a question: I am 19 yrs old(5'6 in-123 lbs), I excercise almost every day and eat very healthy-no fried,no other oils than olive oil etc...I keep up with my program and I've lost some lbs but I still have curvy love handles and even if I do many kind of crunches every day my lower abs won't be shown..I'm a hourglass but it is not that great to seem to have my half body fit and the rest of it like I've never exerted myself..Searched on web and they say the same things every time-didn't work..Have any tips???

Anon_22455 responded:
Switch your focus on body composition rather than weight and you will see results, I am 5'-6", 135lbs, 33 yrs old and a size 00.

Emmie258 replied to Anon_22455's response:
Thank you!!I'll try...Do u have any more specific tips or excercises???It would help me a lot Thanks in advance!

yeahmkay responded:
It's impossible to target just one site to burn fat... when you burn calories, they are taken from all over your body, so crunches won't work. All you're doing is strengthening the muscles BENEATH the fat, but you can't even see them with the love handles on top! How long have you been doing this health-program? My guess is that you'll lose the handles eventually, you just haven't kept at it long enough. You tend to lose weight most noticeably in the last place you gained it... so if those love handles were the first place you gained, they will be the last to go. The best way to blast fat is aerobic exercise; running, swimming, biking, etc. You said you exercised every day but you didn't say what kind you did, if you're just lifting weights you won't ever lose those handles. If you are already doing aerobic exercise each day, I would recommend either bumping it up (if you're running for a half hour each day, bump it up to an hour) or else continue with whatever you're doing now and be content with the knowledge that, eventually, those handles will slowly diminish into non-existence. How fast that will happen depends on the caloric deficit that you make for yourself each day: if it's a slight one, it could take years for them to burn away, and if it's a very large one, it could take a few months or even weeks depending on your metabolism.
I hope this helps!

Emmie258 replied to yeahmkay's response:
I actually walk with a fast rythm aprox.6-7 km/h for about 35-40 min usually 4 days per week and 2 days I jump rope for 20 min...And then each day of those six I do crunches,squats,planks and a little weight lifting( but the weight is like nothing,2 kg maybe?) On Sundays I rest. I also walk a lot going to work and returning home and sometimes I dance - pretty active I can say so thats why I am wondering...The truth is that I seriously started one month ago(I say seriously cause I exercised every now and then but not that regularly..) Thanks for your help you were right I should wait first

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 65 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.