Skip to content
Taste of Blood after running
SusanCed posted:
I am a 52 year old woman in good shape. I run a 5k in about 30 minutes without effort. Lately I have been swimming more than running, though yesterday I ran on pavement for about 30 minutes at a good clip to get in a quick workout in a busy day. I live in Phoenix and the outdoor temp was about 85. After I finished, I had the taste of blood in my mouth, though no visible blood in my saliva.

Should I be concerned?

SmithWood responded:
The particular blood is just a human gland in the back of your own oral cavity radiating. There is exactly the style and zilch more actually. Generally it simply implies you need much more drinking water, and probably should just get back in a far better form. Their nothing truly negative, I get the idea in the course of observe basically strength work the actual mile.. Normally it's all regulated okay. Nothing to stress about and save the doctor a few grievance through not necessarily planning, as well as for that make any difference help save which excursion as well as the money till you absolutely need to visit. Not unusual among length sportsmen.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.