Skip to content
Blown Calf Muscle
An_251179 posted:
Last year I blew out my left calf muscle. While running up stairs my left calf popped really loud and was extremely painful. I had a lot of busing and a little swelling in my calf. I saw several doctors, and non of them thought I needed an MRI. A year later and my calf doesn't hurt but it is deformed and my left leg (from the knee down) is bigger than the right by 1/2 an inch or less. I have a job in which I sit for extended periods. I wear compression socks to prevent swelling, but both my legs still swell a little. I haven't worried about it too much since it doesn't hurt, I just think it is due to swelling. My wife thinks that something could be wrong and that I should get it checked out.

Has anyone else had this type of issue? Is it something I should worry about?

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Music For Running
My research shows if you workout to the music you like, you will workout to the maximum time you have (will not cut the workout short). The ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.