Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Blown Calf Muscle
    An_251179 posted:
    Last year I blew out my left calf muscle. While running up stairs my left calf popped really loud and was extremely painful. I had a lot of busing and a little swelling in my calf. I saw several doctors, and non of them thought I needed an MRI. A year later and my calf doesn't hurt but it is deformed and my left leg (from the knee down) is bigger than the right by 1/2 an inch or less. I have a job in which I sit for extended periods. I wear compression socks to prevent swelling, but both my legs still swell a little. I haven't worried about it too much since it doesn't hurt, I just think it is due to swelling. My wife thinks that something could be wrong and that I should get it checked out.

    Has anyone else had this type of issue? Is it something I should worry about?

    Helpful Tips

    Water aerobics
    Water aerobics does not put the stress on your knees, ankles and/or back. More
    Was this Helpful?
    25 of 25 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.