Skip to content
Lots of exercising, no weight loss
jude412 posted:
I am 5'5" and weigh 162 lbs, and I wear a size 8. For the last 6 months, I've been trying to lose my last 15 lbs or so to get my weight into the "healthy" range for BMI (and of course, to look better in a bathing suit for summer). I do the Title boxing workouts 4 days a week which involves fairly intense cardio and strength training for 1 hour per session. The other 3 days a week I run for at least 30 min, usually closer to 45. I feel like I'm in good physical shape but cannot manage to lose this last 15 lbs.
So I started using the webmd food and fitness logs a couple of weeks ago, and I've noticed that however many calories I burn with exercise, I get that many more calories added to my daily intake allowance. Given how much I exercise, this generally puts me at a calorie allowance of around 2100 calories, which seems like an insanely large amount.
Could you offer some clarification. Is it true that the more you exercise in a day, the more calories you can consume and still lose weight? When consulting various sources, I get very mixed responses on this question.

Samantha71088 responded:
Jude,
Hi there! 2100 calories is a lot of calories. You really seem like you are doing a good amount of exercise and you are following the meal plan on here. What we need to do is get some extra protein in you and bring down your calorie some, this is what I think anyway and have been helping people with weight loss for 4years, I've got a program I would like to tell you about. It comes with a different meal plan and you can keep doing the exercising you are doing now if you want or go with the suggest plan. I've had 1000's of clients within my team have success on this program. It even comes with a results guarantee and it tastes great. Let me know if you are interested I would love to help! Sincerely,

Samantha
ViSalus Distributor
http://hotspringschallenge.myvi.net/challenge

bradcrowne responded:
Its better for you to consult a doctor and have a through check up because there may be some underlying problems so better you visit good diagnostic centers like the Orthohealing Center based at Los Angeles.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 62 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.