Skip to content
exercise while recovering from surgery
An_246571 posted:
I am 60 years old, and had been working out twice a week with a personal trainer for nearly 3 years, when I needed to stop 2 weeks to have surgery for my rotator cuff and a biceps tenotomy . I have been doing the exercises the surgeon's physical therapist has given me to strengthen my shoulder/arm, but I am feeling a bit sluggish overall and need to get back to workouts for the rest of my body. Most of the types of exercise that I did with the trainer required my upper body, so I can't do them for a while, perhaps as much as 6 months or more. I am not much of a walker (I tended to do combination cardio and strength workouts indoors, mainly with limited equipment such as exercise, resistance and suspension bands, and stability balls, since I travel a lot on business and need things I can do in a hotel room or with limited resources). Any recommendations or sources I can pursue for that? Thank you!

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Find an indoor pool. Most have exercise for different levels and arthritis as well. Lane swimming is also offered. Join Masters ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.