Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exercise induced diarrhea
An_251619 posted:
Sorry didn't have a dictonary on me at the time. Anyway, I have been training as a athlete for four years in weight lifting, gymnastics, track and field events and endurance. Lately, the last two weeks, I have been experiencing dry mouth right before a work out no matter how much water I drink and diarrhea symptoms during and after a work out. Nervousness? I have never had these symptoms in the past so long, usually it would disapper in a day or so, but this is going on for over a week. Makes me sick to my stomach to do even burpees, but no other symptoms like fever, or presistant nausea afterward. I have been on a strict diet of plain yogurt and oatmeal or hopefully offset the symptoms, hoping it was just something I ate. I don't drink at all and I have at least a gallon of water a day. Maybe electro-light deficency? I am worried that maybe I twisted something in my visceral cavity during a lift. I don't know maybe you guys know something I don't. Thanks.

AlexiaSmith responded:
If you are suffering from diarrhea and you are not able to work out at high level, then you need to decrease the level of working out. You have been training for four years shows your dedication but at this situation you should consult to the experts to recover to this health related pit-fall.

I had read an article, this will really helpful to you. http://naturopathconnect.com/articles/diarrhea-dietary/

AlexiaSmith responded:
If you are suffering from diarrhea, then this is very difficult to keep continue work out at high level. Firstly, you need to decrease the level of work out. You are doing this since last four years which shows your dedication, but you need to listen your body first and consult to the experts to overcome to this problem.

I had read an article, which is totally seems helpful to you. You can find it here
http://naturopathconnect.com/articles/diarrhea-dietary/

brunosbud replied to AlexiaSmith's response:
I read the article you referenced, then, smiled...

Under the section entitled Foods To Avoid (if your have diarrhea), I thought to myself, "and after your diarrhea stops, why not pretend you still have diarrhea and avoid eating those foods for the rest of your life?"

I mean, really? How ironic that one would voluntarily resume a diet that does not agree with them? That's the essential question that confronts all Americans, today, is it not?

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Change your workout
A lack of motivation may mean that your workout is too tedious. For example, if your doing lots of mind-numbing slow cardio, you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.