dollymctowelly posted:
walking my dog every day 1 mile is beneficial in the following ways:

exercise for my dog and i
fresh air
vitamin D absorption
relieves stress
takes only 30 min
weight loss and maintenance

my dog loves going for walks.. he deserves the benefits and so do i.

brunosbud responded:
There's few better ways to relieve stress than dog walking, and, for this reason, I think it's the healthiest habit I've adopted in my lifetime. The exercise is just as much for them as it is for me. I take my dogs out twice a day, once at 4:30AM and, again, at 7PM. I have Type 2 Diabetes but control my blood glucose, entirely, through diet and walks with my dogs. The walks are performed, specifically, to knock down any glucose highs and keep my blood pressure low and stable. My highest recorded HA1C over the last five years: 5.4

Our walks are daily/ 365. Sadly, during my many years of dog walking, I've never, consistently, seen one fellow walker during the morning walk, and only a couple during the evenings...

That's OK with us. Staying fit requires focus and discipline. The fewer diversions from our walks, the better "we" like it.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Change your workout
A lack of motivation may mean that your workout is too tedious. For example, if your doing lots of mind-numbing slow cardio, you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.