Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Perfect times to do./not do things ... how are they worked out?
snowbunnyA posted:
Hey.
I'm trying to shed a couple of inches of fat and generally tone up. I keep coming across all sorts of advice that says things such as "the best time to exercise is between 6am and 8am, because this is when you have the highest propensity to burn fat. Also, you should never eat after 8pm or your body is more likely to store fat.

What I'm trying to work out is how these times are worked out? Are they based on someone waking at a certain time and going to bed at a certain time? I almost never go to bed before midnight, but know many people who are in bed for 10 every night. Do these extra two hours of being awake mean I can eat up to 10pm?

Obviously if I stood one side of a time zone and then crossed to the other, my body wouldn't know the difference between 7pm and 8pm, so what gives?

Can anyone explain this for me?

Thanks!

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Change your workout
A lack of motivation may mean that your workout is too tedious. For example, if your doing lots of mind-numbing slow cardio, you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.