Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just added yoga
MominSchool posted:
I started on my weight loss journey a couple of weeks ago by watching what I eat and walking. Then my daughter decided she would like to join the cross country team next school year so I thought I might walk/run with her, in hopes of being able to run a few miles at a time sometime soon. Anyway! I just decided to add some yoga poses to my routine. Anybody have any great websites with yoga poses for beginners? I thought I would try Fitness magazines site, but wondered if anybody had any site they really liked. Thanks for any help!

superstardb responded:
doyogawithme.com has a whole bunch of nice free yoga class videos

MominSchool replied to superstardb's response:
Thank you! I've been following and doing some yoga with Tara Stiles. She has a bunch of beginner videos that seem to be right up my alley. I will check out doyogawithme.com, though! Happy day to you!

helen44449 responded:
Hi...
Neither I am fat nor I want loose my weight because according to me I am OK.But I still prefer yoga and exercises to stay fit. it is nice way to stay away from physical problems.

brunosbud responded:
Any exercise that strengthens and stretches the back, neck and leg muscles are very beneficial. Yoga is exceptional, especially, for the back. There is chronic low level discomfort or pain associated with weight gain. It promotes poor posture & restricts blood flow to the muscles in the neck and back. I practice several stretching and strength moves in my two daily walks specifically targeting my back. Not only do I get a good aerobic workout, I strengthen and increase flexibility to my back muscles and it improves my posture, as well.

Osteoporosis and arthritis are two of the most destructive conditions associated with back pain. Yoga is excellent for the prevention of both of these diseases.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 51 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.