Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
depression
rajdeep123 posted:
hello,i am working in a marketing company and my job contains too much stress and workload,
because of this stress ,now i feel so depressed and negativity comes in my views ,to overcome
this, i am currently following treatment tips from a website, but it does not show any positive
response, please anybody tell me whether these tips are useable or not? reply with any idea..to
read these tips just visit website how to deal with depression naturally

brunosbud responded:
Becoming depressed in an work environment filled with threatening and aggressive people is very common. Statistically, 3 out 4 employees in the US hate their jobs. Is this because people are eating unhealthfully and not performing sufficient exercise or is it because businesses often don't encourage and motivate their employees to continue to improve their performance? From my perspective, it's a little of both...

You're smart to focus on improving your fitness to combat depression. Fit employees are better equipped to handle heavy workloads while staying positive and emotionally stable. Looking back on my career, I can identify a couple experiences where I let my employer and fellow co-workers down because I lost control because I was not fit and healthy. At the time, I blamed them but, in hindsight, I was not mentally and physically prepared each day to cope with the stress because I was eating so terribly.

1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on responded:
Raj,

If you feel that your job is getting you down, have you considered talking to a therapist? They can help you learn coping skills and was to destress. Also it is nice to "vent" to someone who has an unbiased opinion. And meeting with a therapist or counciler a couple times a month, or as often as you see fit, they can monitor your progress and see how you are doing.

Bruno is right to, getting your body mentally and physically ready is a big part of it to. It has been shown that exercise can help with depression, especially repetitive movements ie. jogging, walking or an eliptical machine. When I used to run, it was a great destresser for me, I was so focused on my breathing and other things, that my troubles from that day seemed to disappear. At least for hour or so i was out running.

Best of luck!

IC

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
This makes you feel light and healthy everyday. There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.