Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
upper left quadrant stinging (abdomen)
nmenning posted:
Experiencing delayed onset of upper left quadrant pain in abdomen. can anyone help me? not getting diagnosed by DRs and being treated as though I only want pain meds. Details:

Upper left quadrant abdominal pain: felt as though under rib but after 4 months of continuous non diagnosis now feels as though has moved down to left side of navel about 2 inches from navel. 34 year old female (me) experienced severe burning, ripping stinging, sensation in upper left quadrant after moving heavy objects. lowering objects down toward right side and lifting objects up towards left side. Pain increases when twisting left crunching left leaning towards left or most type of activity that causes abdomen to contract and activate top abdomen muscles. 4 years ago I suffered a blunt traumatic injury to this part of abdomen after being punched in stomach by boyfriend who was occupied as professional pitcher. (this injury went unreported and untreated) after injury there was a large oval shaped black bruise that lasted it seems about 3 weeks. After healing several times over next four years pain was noticed on occasion during abdomen workouts. Can someone please help me. This is going undiagnosed and now I am being treated like a person who just wants pain medication. I have lost job due to inability to preform light lifting and because of on going pain during the say.
Only tests non contrast CTscan.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.