Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Opinion Please
An_253201 posted:
So I've noticed I have lots of bruises on my legs but I havent been doing anything to get them so I heard it maybe iron..But then again I've been eating tons of spinach and I had read on this site that her daughter has low iron and her face n legs would go numb and my legs have been doing that for years! But that might be from my anxiety..I take meds for that and I also take a teen vitamin I've taken it for a long time but just hasnt ever switched..I noticed I'm so tired like I can sleep all day and really moody...I just dont know why tho all of a sudden because I know the doctors would have said my iron levels are low the last time i got my blood drawn even tho i dont know how long that has been

superninjagirl responded:
If you're a teen, your body is going through a lot of changes right now. Your iron levels may be low due to blood volume increasing and, if you're a female, mensus. Anxiety meds also dabble with hormones that could be causing some imbalances. If you have low iron then it would explain the bruises. If you have poor circulation (which can happen with anxiety meds) then you will be tired and possibly moody and it will take longer for bruises and injuries to heal. Try massaging the bruises, it will help move that trapped blood along.
Hope this helps!

p.s. if you wear boots or anything that hits that particular spot, that could be a factor too.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Change your workout
A lack of motivation may mean that your workout is too tedious. For example, if your doing lots of mind-numbing slow cardio, you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.