Skip to content
Low fats and exercise
Che23nb posted:
I recently had my gallbladder removed and seem to have problems when I eat fat (diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, and vomiting) . I know this can be normal and I try to eat low fat. But I have recently returned to biking with my husband and have had the same body reaction as if I had eaten lots of fat. I'm wondering if by increasing exercise and burning fat, my body is having to process both that fat and the small amount of fat I eat and it's too much for my liver?
If so, how can I eat a VERY low fat diet and still be healthy AND still be able to bike as much as I want without a negative reaction?

Anon_51772 responded:
One in five patients who have gallbladder removed will have digestion and diarrhea problems. Research this on the web. Some foods are more helpful than others I think.

katellawellnesscenter responded:
Food choices we make in our life have an important effect on our health. Your primary goal should be to limit your total daily fat intake. Figure out what fat items you are consuming daily and find out its replacements.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Ab ExercisesExpert
As mentioned in the Losing Belly Fat post, you cannot spot reduce, but you can tighten muscles under excess fat. As a result you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 57 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.