Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Workout excuses
ejbaemommy posted:
I'm finding that I'm struggling a lot with workout excuses. My top ones seem to be

1. I just ate and don't want to work out on a full stomach

Or

2. I have Already showered and dressed for the day so I don't want to get all sweaty cause I don't have time for a 2nd shower or its bad for my hair and skin.

Does anyone else struggle with things like this or maybe these exact things? How d you balance workouts, meals, and showering?

Thanks in advance!!

geesue responded:
I find what works best for me is to get up early & start my day with exercise. After which I shower have breakfast & am off to work. I also follow this routine on the weekends. By starting my day with exercise, I can take the rest of the day in stride & not have to worry about fitting it in after work.

airius replied to geesue's response:
Yeah, this works well for me also. What also works is to do your workout at least an hour after your dinner and one hour prior to going to bed. that way your last event will be showering.

JMSniff responded:
I find planning my workout ahead of time and then planning my day (meals, showers, clothing choices, etc) around my workout is my main solution for all of these excuses. Currently, I pack my lunch and my workout bag the night before, wake up , eat breakfast, work until 8-4:30, head straight to the gym (I find it easier to make excuses if I go home before I workout), come home, shower and eat dinner. Then, repeat! Planning ahead and keeping a routine makes life easier for me.

My work schedule and location are going to change in a couple of months, so there will be changes to adjust to...but I will make sure to plan ahead and set a new routine when the time comes!

Keep it up! Excuses are really good at holding you back from SUCCESS

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
This makes you feel light and healthy everyday. There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.