Skip to content
Motivation For Working out
JAC2818 posted:
Hi All -
I am 48 yrs old and 185lbs. I know I need to lose weight, but I don't know how to become motivated. I used to do Zumba, but it's too hard on my feet (I have planttars fasciitis) so I don't do it anymore, which is a shame b/c I ABSOLUTLY LOVED IT!! I don't want to join a gym, but I can't seem to get motivated to work out at home.
Does anyone have any motivation tips?

brunosbud responded:
"There is no such thing as failure. There's only 'results'."
In other words, presently, you're neither failing nor doing nothing...You just don't like the results, is all...

Do you really need to be told how to change that?

superninjagirl responded:
Rest when you need it! I had a fellow workout person who had the same problem in his shins and it cut down on his activity level. HOWEVER! There ARE low-intensity workouts that favor foot injuries. Cardio can be very tough on injuries. Try lower impact exercises if possible (cycling either stationary or on a bike, elliptical, boxing-great upper body workout and cardio!) You can also try core exercises and calisthenics that don't require jumping around. Pushups and situps are the "go-to" for most people but there are TONS of core exercises that are cariations of these. Planks, spiderman pushups, bear crawl pushups, Russian twists, bicycle crunches, the list goes on! Try utilizing youtube for more ideas.
If your body needs rest, listen to it. Rest now means a better body later

minionlady replied to superninjagirl's response:
I find exercising at home (my advice: fitnessblender on youtube and http://homegym-exercises.com ) with someone is the best motivation for me.

The key is to find a form of exercise you don't hate! That is convenient. I exercise right when I get home from work. I don't sit down and I don't turn on the TV. Otherwise I'd probably find too many reasons not to.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Shin Splint
In my experiance If you are recieving shin splint, it is caused from running hill toe, rather that flat footed. I went from not runnning to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.