Down time?
Tammers74 posted:
I've been working hard on losing the 45 pounds i gained when i quit smoking (And some extra baggage from before ) and changing the way i live, work out and eat. I do 45 minute Belly Dance, mon wed fri, then high performance eliptical Tue and Sat ( approx 900 calorie burn work out according to the monitor). Occasionally swapping them around when my thighs just cant handle holding home position for 45 minutes in dance ( Its really tough, Holding a semi sitting position for 45 minutes lol buuuurn yeah) . Ive stopped counting calories into month 2 after i pretty much got the eye balling down and down 25 pounds in just over 10 weeks. Here's the issue. A few weeks back I had that nasty intestinal virus that was going around. Knocked me out for nearly a week. I'm recovered in how i feel but having strength issues still since then. Im only able to do half of my work outs and my muscles feels strained, fatigued and sometimes either burning or full of ice feeling inside. ( Mostly abs and Thighs ) Im doing half the crunches i usually do and instead of daily, only a few times a week because of pain. Do i need to take time off to let the muscles recover or do i need to work through it and rebuild? Im concerned about burning up my muscles and damaging them. I am an absolute noob at fitness I haven't really worked out since the college years.

brunosbud responded:
Not burning up your muscles gets my vote.