Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling nauseous and dizzy during workout.
Mark93x posted:
I've been lifting weights for a month and a half.
I've been pushing myself to the limit on every workout and I just feel tired and get sore muscles after workouts.
But today I couldn't finish my workout. After a couple of leg exercises, I felt so dizzy and had the urge to vomit that I couldn't continue my workout.
I maintain healthy eating habits, I ate a meal of protein and carbs 40 minutes before going to the gym like I always do, drank enough water during the day and I didn't put on lots of heavier weights than normal except for squats I added more 10 KGs but still I was able to do my reps by hitting my limit.

What would be the problem, I'm really worried?
I'd really appreciate your help, thank you in advance.

1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on responded:
Mark,

I had something similar happen to me about a year ago. I was doing squats as well, I was lifting heavy in that part of my cycle. But it was a weight I could handle. About half way thru i got a shooting headache, I took a bit of a break and switched exercises. It didnt really go away the rest of the work out and over the next week or so, when ever i strained it would start to come on again...totally freaked me out.

When your squating and your on your way up completing the rep, your grunting and groaning...your face turns bright red. There is a lot of blood rushing to your head and that could be why you got light headed. That feeling of wosiness could have lead to you becoming nausious. I am going to give you the same advice the offered to me...although im hard headed and didnt follow thru. Go see your doctor and tell him what happened, he may be able to offer better insight.

Best of luck!

IC

roston responded:
TRX Suspension Training harnesses trx for sale your own bodyweight to create resistance as you train. That's all you need — the TRX and your own body. No additional weights required.
Your own bodyweight to create resistance as you train. That's trx for sale all you need — the TRX and your own body. No additional weights required.

roston responded:
Having a strong core will prevent injuries trx suspension training , improve posture and increase overall strength. All of our movements are powered by the torso — the abs and back work together to support the spine during everyday activities and exercise.
The trx australia FORCE Kit builds and maintains peak operational readiness with a comprehensive program developed to meet the demands of the military elite.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Change your workout
A lack of motivation may mean that your workout is too tedious. For example, if your doing lots of mind-numbing slow cardio, you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.