Skip to content
Bulky thighs with certain machines
cindigal posted:
I saw on a tv program about thighs get bulky when you use bike, treadmill, elliptical. Is this true..?? It really confuses me unless you are using the high intensity workout. Actually I was using treadmill and elliptical alternating last year but I stopped elliptical because of pain in my knees. I continued with treadmill and I think that my legs got muscular (which I do want that at any cost). Iv'e been hermit cause of the awful weather we had lately and this week this week the temps will be 50's and I know I get motivated.

I certainly will use the treadmill and some of the other machines but I don't want bulky legs. Is that anyone have a suggestion on what intensity that I should on the treadmill or the above .

cindigal

mariajohnson responded:
Walking on a treadmill does make your legs bulky.Running on an inclined treadmill will burn calories faster than but will encourage your leg muscles to work harder. Changing your form while running or walking on a treadmill, such as taking longer strides and raising your knee higher with each step can help increase the thigh-toning potential of the treadmill.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 62 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.