Skip to content
starting back up in weight lifting
spiffpf2 posted:
Looking for a good routine to get back into lifting. I am 42 yrs old and want to get back into shape. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

colliefan responded:
Start with push-ups and basic curls with rubber band devise. I am 47 and recently began weight lifting again. I still had overall strength, but I had pain when lifting heavy. So I went with push-ups, then light weights and focused on having good technique. Smaller muscles caught up to the larger muscles and I am now able to increase weight without pain. (I think that good technique - good posture, good body positioning relative to the bar, controlling speed, etc. made a big difference.)

bbfc7 responded:
I am 35 and do P90X3. I have lost inches and have muscle definition. I love it! It is a great workout routine. 30 minutes a day and there are several different workout videos. I can send u the link to check out the video if you would like me to.

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Interval TrainingExpert
Hello Everyone, I mentioned in my Losing Belly Fat post that aerobic exercise will help, and if you want to increase your fitness quickly ... More
Was this Helpful?
49 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.