Skip to content
lethargy pain no gallbladder severe weight gain bad thyroid. need help with weight loss
battybats13 posted:
Sorry it's a long story
Hi I'm only 27 yrs old I use to be a happy 220-240lb and currently at my highest 317.9lbs. For almost 3yrs now I've been living in debilitating pain since my gallbladder removal surgery (to which 2pa nurses have said it's probly scar tissue cutting off not only circulation but attaching to organs, which can happen I hear). I had a doctor who when I advised wks after surgery of the pain he told me I was FAT go loose weight. With out direction I went hard core into walking, weights and several other things but mostly my ab lounger would do over 100 reps in it in a day. The pain got way worse and ended up in the ER with high liver levels and white blood cell count (they also determined im not pregnant and have a gallbladder and their the ones who took it out). I later found out a yr later when I was heavily gaining weight I had that was to but ended up way slow after radiation pills.
I am desperately seeking help, my stress is thru the roof. I have absolutely no energy and problems sleeping. I hate eating it makes me nauseated so now I wont eat and I've had a life long problems with dehydration.
My new doctor said my thyroid meds are wrong (and he wont change them), my red AND white blood cells are both high (he said 10x's higher than they should be). And for weight loss he gave me phentermine which conflicts severely with 2 of my anti-depressants (including coma and death, no thanks) this medicine is also a appetite suppressant I already don't want to eat and will go for as long possible without food (which is wheaties or a peanut butter sandwich).
I am desperately seeking any help, it's like I'm just turning into an episode of my 600lb life and no one cares (except my mother who is about as wrecked by this as me). I need to loose this weight and fix my levels and seriously have this pain removed because no person should live in this pain (which I compare to my live (they forgot to medicate me n told me shut) trans-jugular liver biopsy, thats the pain everyday all day. my upper right abdomen skin changes colors and temperature and twitches all on it's own.

please please please can anyone help me advice or a cure something please

brunosbud responded:
I use to be big. I use to be an addict. I use to be a f#&*up. But, I'm not, anymore. Today, when I meet someone for the first time, do you think I discuss my medical history and past addictions with them? Of course not! It's none of their business and it's completely irrelevant, anyhow.
imo, before you can address your weight, you have to free your mind. You have rid yourself of all the baggage you lug around with you. You have to free yourself of all the reasons why you can't be happy. You have to forget your past and start with a clean slate. Lastly, you've got to get mad. You've got the grab that person, inside, by the collar and kick their...

Your mom can't help you but you have no idea how helpless and tormented she feels. You're her baby. You will always be. She knows how happy you were when you were little. She took you everywhere with her in the backseat of her car. You may not remember all this but, trust me, parents remember, everything. Please, carefully consider your next steps as you prepare for this next part of your life. Life is a choice, no excuses. You're either in control...or explaining to others why you're not. And, like I said, above. Nobody wants to hear about it, anyway. So, get mad, now!

battybats13 replied to brunosbud's response:
Are you a medical professional? No, I think not. I was explaining the problem I've been having the past 2.5yrs and seeking help from someone in the same condition (I have met 2 others and they have reached the same dead ends as me). I have several medical issues that co-inside. I was hoping for actually advice from someone with knowledge and possibly a medical degree, not an a-hole playing therapist. But thanks again for proving once more that no one cares or is in the slightest bit helpful to someone screaming out for actual HELP and reaching deaf and judgmental ears.
I've been through more crap in my life than anyone person should of, I handled my baggage long ago.
(btw my mom says quit being an a-hole to people seeking help, her words)

brunosbud replied to battybats13's response:
"The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking."
- Albert Einstein
We pray you find that HELP you need from a medical professional, battybats13.
-from two a-holes

rohvannyn replied to brunosbud's response:
Sounds to me that one of the biggest problems is that you aren't being listened to by those who are handling your medical care.

Would I be correct in saying you aren't losing weight even though you are having a lot of trouble eating? If that's the case, those thyroid meds really need to be checked. I don't get how a doctor could say your thyroid meds were off and then not change them. With that going on, and especially with the hospital that took your gallbladder out thinking you still had it, you definitely need to be heard! I think that's where getting mad comes in.

This community is more for help with exercise, but you would be very welcome at our 50-100 lb weight loss group. It's friendly, it's active, and there are plenty of people there with weight loss concerns that have various medical issues. As for the other issues with pain etc, other communities might be able to help you as well. Welcome!

http://exchanges.webmd.com/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Losing Weight Ladies
Hi there! Just a quick tip for all the ladies trying to lose weight out there. Cardio is great, but if you do only cardio (running, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.